Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bebo Great pair with bugaboo stroller, not for hot city
We bought this car seat because it was compatible with the bugaboo stroller and had the best online reviews. It loaded in and out of the car great. The insert held our 5lb 12 ounce preemie great (you will need to purchase an additional head pillow for flopping infant heads). As the baby grew the straps were easy to move, according to my hubby. The buckle is a huge pain to latch. However, I always felt the baby was very secure. I was not a huge fan of the base for this seat, it moved around a lot and was hard to install. The seat seemed more secure in the car with only the seatbelt. A professional would know better, but my mommy gut didn't like it. The color is nice and it cleans well.
Our biggest complaint with this seat is that it is HOT. As the weather got warmer, or if she was dressed in many layers we noticed our typically content baby crying hysterically in the car. When we took her out of the seat she was all sweaty. Apparently, a lot of people had this issue.
June 15, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by ewells Solid carseat
I don't really know how this carseat compares to say, a Chicco KeyFit, but I thought I'd go through some pros and cons. Our baby seems really upright in it but not sure if it's the carseat or if it's the way the backseat is shaped. It definitely does not fit a smaller infant as well as some other seats but it may be better as he grows in it.
- Sunshade is awesome-- it is totally flexible. Can cover whatever you need it to
- Material is comfortable
- There's a knob on the base that adjusts the recline
- Buckles are tough to latch and unlatch-- not sure if it's a glitch in our particular seat
- Not the best insert for small infants. Our sons head would flop down and to the side and we had to experiment with various solutions. The (lack of# recline didn't help with this issue.
- Seems too upright for a little baby, but this may not vary among carseats #we don't know)
June 4, 2013